Wednesday, October 22, 2014


I'm not one to use flash cards in a traditional sense. But when I saw these Playskool colors and numbers flash cards for a dollar I knew I would get some use out of them - and I was right!

This pack includes 36 cards. Two of each color and two of each shape. This makes for a memory match game!


I was excited to see some geometric solids included, too!

Flashcards are great for color and shape sorting.


What started as a fall sensory basket has turned into a fun color sorting activity! In it we have acorns, a pinecone, artificial leaves (some with autumn sight words written on them), foam pumpkins, pipe cleaners, string, and an adorable little mouse we purchased here. But you can use anything you've got! Just mix up a bunch of loose parts and throw in the corresponding cards! 



    The shape sorting work. I wanted to work on differentiating similar shapes (next I'll be doing circle and oval). To make this multi sensorial I included cards on stock paper with real life objects and seperated them from shapes I cut out of paper, fabric, cardboard, and that I found; the domino and square tangram piece, I'll be sharing the real object cards once I've created them for every shape.


 More shape sorting but this one is with play dough! Use cookie cutters to cut each shape, then match it to the corresponding card.

 This is all I've got for now but keep an eye on this post - I'll be adding more uses for flash cards as I make them!

 How do you use your flash cards?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive